Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Looking for a cold one!

Looking for a cold one!

By Jeff Powers

2004

Aloha Dale,

Just received a copy of the anniversary party info from Big Sam here on Kauai. I own CJ's Steak & Seafood in Princeville, Hanalei, Kauai about a mile from my brother Tom who moved here right after me in 1970...still going home to Laguna every year to see Mom and my brother Chris...cruise Javier's and see Big John and the boys at Thalia or go to Wally's barber shop and get the gossip from Rudy...some even find me here and come in for a free dinner like Mark Klosterman and Big John (John Parlette). If you ever make it over to the north shore of Kauai, make sure you come by...I don't forget old friends and heroes!

Hope all is well with you...not sure if I will fly over for the dinner, as it is Labor Day time and very busy here, but I am thinking about it...talked with my brother Tom and doubt he will be able to come, but he could change his mind. I am interested in the anniversary ring, also, so fill me in on that...hope all is well with you...see you soon perhaps...Old guards never die, they just float along looking for a cold one!

Aloha

Jeff Powers - guarded in the 1960s

No comments:

Post a Comment