Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ken Alton

Ken Alton

2004

Hola Dale and Marilyn

Thank you for the letter and yes I will be there... I am now living in La

Paz Baja California Sur for 9 months of the year and the rest of the year in

Kailua-Kona on the big island of Hawaii... I moved to Hawaii 11 years ago

and Mexico 8 years ago... I am involved in a project in La Paz that will

hopefully be the highest end destination resort in all of Mexico, named

"Bahia de los Suenos". Go figure, as I retired from Land Developing 9 years

ago and was going to spend all my time fishing and diving on my boat in

Kona... I work harder now than I did my whole building career... when in

Kona, I call Paul Golfos on Maui, and we take the boat to south point for

fishing and diving... I do not work all the time here in Mexico as I find

ample time for fishing and diving, just last week we caught four 50+lb wahoo

just south of the bay on my boat in the morning, and had a great dive in the

afternoon... it's a rough life, but someone has to do it...

Upon graduating from Cal State Fullerton, I have been in the building and

development business... I am now divorced and have two daughters, Kyri, 26

who is married to an eye doctor and living in Irvine, and Kati, 25, who is

married and living in Arkansas with my granddaughter Melony, now 2 years

old...

I believe I guarded from 1958 thru 1967 and worked Crescent Bay, Sleepy

Hallow, and then became a Lt. and drove the rescue jeep with Dean, Jake and

dePaulis... by the way, Jaunita lived down the street from my house in Kona

for along time and moved last year to Honolulu to be near Shirley Dugger,

small world... I believe my starting pay was $4.50/hr and when I became a

Lt. it was raised to $7.75/hr but I was able to get overtime... I think

these numbers are close, but now days I have trouble remembering what I had

for breakfast...

Side note... Mike Farley, the lifeguard from the Hotel Laguna, will be here

at the project next month as he has been a boat captain for a Mexican

family for the last 15 years... he stops by each year on his trip up inside

the Sea of Cortez, small world...

Hope this is what you were looking for and look forward to seeing you

soon...

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment