Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tattletale Bribery

Conley Ware – Tattletale Bribery

December 29, 2009

Hi Dale:

Thanks for the update and photos. Woods Cove has always had a special, treasured place in my heart:

The great days when my brothers would challenge the neighborhood to a July 4th firecracker/bottle rocket war. One team on Charlie’s big foam boat by South rock and other team on the sand; I was declared too young at first, but then after some tattletale bribery I was allowed 5 Lady Fingers, only to have a cherry bomb ricochet up my pant leg.

We lived in the motel on Diamond and Coast Hwy. In ’65-’66, when John Cunningham and Craig Lockwood were fishing great Hali’s with butter knives, you could still dive off south Rock.

Later, I guarded Woods ’74-’78 with a keen eye on the blow hole. I finally swam all 4 holes in 1 breath in ’74.

…so many fond memories

Thanks,

Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment